Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Saturday, September 2

lunch with the p's

it's a girl! we had another ultrasound yesterday and now we can buy pink. :) not that our sons couldn't wear pink, but that's an argument for another day! we're naming her: Inara Kathryn Grace. yay, for us!

on to an equally important topic: iowa city is WAYYYYYYY too obsessed with their sports teams for their own freakin' good. they have sunk to a level not shared with any other town to my knowledge. we went and filled a prescription for me last night. as erik was getting a pill out for me i commented that they were the ugliest colors i'd ever seen on a capsule. i'm so innocent... my dear husband than pointed out that they were hawkeye colors! are you kidding me?!?!?! nope. welcome to the first football homegame weekend of the school year. your pills will now come in back and gold. pathetic...

6 Comments:

Blogger Blakely said...

I'm so exicted for you!! I just bought Emma her birthday present (and it's not a puppy like her parents got her..she's two!!). We got her a cute little pink hooded sweatshirt and a fake layered purple t-shirt. There's something about the baby sizes and the color pink that go so well together!!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! Congratulations! Somehow I just knew it was going to be a girl... :)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Congrats! How do you pronounce the first name? When is your due date again?

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that Iowa City is obsessed with sports, or more specifically, college football.

But I think you will find that several other cities can give you a run for the money.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Go Bucks!

Mrs. Atwood, I believe it would be "eye-narah."

3:45 PM  
Blogger Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Mr. Buckeye-with "narah" being pronounced like "sarah" with an "N"?

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Atwood, I think you've got it.

Ambre, are you reading the comments?

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home