Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Monday, May 1

Welcome to My Birthday Bubble!

Someone very young for whom I care deeply has been making some very poor life choices as of late. She has been deceived into believing the lie that she can "heap burning coals on her lap and not be burnt". My heart is heavy over the pain I feel for her knowing far better than she the heartache she will be forced to live with if she doesn't turn over her desire for pleasure to the Lord. Please, God! Do what is necessary to break her pride and bring her humbled, back to You. Lord, I lay her in Your hands. Not my will Lord, but Yours be done...


21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!
-Romans 6:21

5 Comments:

Blogger nate swinton said...

If I'm understanding that refrence correctly, that's a very scary thing to watch a friend do. I'll pray that God will show her truth of the situation through His eyes.

Did the title to your blog have anything to do with the content?

1:07 PM  
Blogger .ambre. said...

no. my titles never have anything to do with my content.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I will definitely be praying for her my dear! What a tough spot... having to just sit and watch! I can't even imagine! As you know, God has her in His hands! Thank you for sharing your struggles!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Steve O said...

heap burning coals on her lap and not be burnt...

would that be like feeding the enemy desires of her own flesh?

I pray she doesn't learn the hard way and can instead experience the joys of having ones mind set on the desires of the Spirit.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the title of this post your way of reminding us that your birthday is this month?

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home