Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Thursday, February 16

breathe; calm

My hubbie got me tickets to see Superchic[k] last night as my valentines surprise. :) it was a great concert. i could have touched them we were so close to the stage. three other groups toured with them that i'd never heard of before not really being "up" on the Christian music scene these days. seventh day slumber was VERY good in my opinion. first of all, their lead singer reminds me of amanda and i's piercing artist at nemesis, cooper. he was a big tatooed dude who looks like he's lived a life i could never even imagine... and he has. he was very clear on why he does what he does and after telling his story was able to get approx. nine kids to admit to currently considering suicide. three of whom have even written notes and have a plan (i peeked when we were suppose to have our eyes closed). he and his band were able to take them to another room, hook them up with youth pastors and pray for them and talk to them/with them. i really respect what he and his band mates do... oh, yeah... and superchic[k] rocked! :)


Seventh Day Slumber
"Oceans From The Rain"

And I’m amazed by You. Cause You’re never far away
And all that I’ve been through, Your love has never changed


You make oceans from the rain
Breathing life into this place
And I will drown inside your love
Until I see your perfect face

And nothing I’ve acquired means anything at all
Cause you’re everything I needed
You’re so much more than I deserve

And I thank you Lord

The blood of Jesus can wash your pain away

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Erik for taking you to the concert. As it happens, "Beauty from Pain" (the CD, not just the song) is the latest addition to my iPod. My favorites from are "Pure" and "We Live." "Stories" is pretty good, too. I don't like the fact that Trish (or is it Melissa) is now screeching on so many of the songs.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home