Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Saturday, September 16

sigh... game day comes again!

yes, John, I'm listening. you're both kinda wrong.
here we go... Inara is pronounced as follows:

"in" as in phonetically spelled names should not be difficult to pronounce! :)
"ar" as in "are" you guys kidding me?
"a" as in "uh" why is this so difficult for you?
Inara. hope that helps!


this post was written with the input of my bratty husband Erik (pronounced "eric"). :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom_Biang said...

So, why did you pick Inara? It's pretty cool!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

I thought it might be pronounced that way! thanks for the update!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are listening, Ambre. Sometime after that last comment I realized that I might have gottn it wrong--especially since I heard it from you firsthand!

I'll go back to my regularly scheduled occupation and retire from the babyname pronunciation business ...

We were thinking of descending on Iowa City for Football Saturday, but it isn't going to work out.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home