Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Saturday, December 25

get the mother hen to leave the coop

merry christmas, everyone!
oh, my. today was quite the day! i was at my grandma's with my mom's side of the family.this is the side of the family where i get all my card playing skills. they could not for the life of them wrap their minds around the fruitbasket game! there was smacking and yelling and one of my sisters ended up crawling under the daybed and not coming out for an hour! never again, never again... my grandma made spaghetti today. after eating her sauce i always feel like what i make doesn't even deserve to go by the same name! so good...
tonight i drove up to bloomington to spend some time with the other half of my family. i get to see my tucker tomorrow! yeah! so, i told my dad (jeff) that if what nelly and tim mcgraw did was considered country, then to sign me up! i knew it would drive him nuts being a true country fan. he then told me that he just got a creed cd cause they were his favorite band. i laughed at him, assuming he was lying. he wasn't. he just spent the last half-hour in the kitchen dancing and singing along to the cd, forcing anyone who came in to dance too. and he was listening to one song on repeat. i now know that i come by it honestly. :)


1 Comments:

Blogger .ambre. said...

yes, yes, i did. i went up from keokuk.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home