Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Sunday, January 9

heck, yes! you don't even know!

Now it is time for Ambre's movie reviews. We will take this in small bites over a bit of time...

A Series of Unfortunate Events: I saw this depressing tale of a serial killer who is out to ruin and hopefully (in his opinion) end the lives of the three young children left in his care by an idiotic distributor of the estate with my brothers. It was way to dark for young children. characters are not developed enough for adults to care what's happening. All the best lines in the movie were given to the infant.
** (purely for effects and the fact that the children acted very well for the script they were given.)

Life Aquatic: A very random tale of revenge and finding oneself. Similar in style to the other movies made by these people yet more so. Warning: Tons of drug use and the female crew member is topless for 95% of her scenes. humorous if you enjoy dark comedies of this style.
**

Oceans 12: Very good movie. You could tell that all the actors were just having a great time making it. An enjoyable ride. More of an indie feel than the first one. My mother still prefers the original original.
***1/2

Meet the Fockers: I never could bring myself to finish watching Meet the Parents, but didn't suffer the same pain in this movie. The Fockers are an eccentric family with great love. Warning: mother Focker is a sex therapist. Expect jokes to this end.
**

Dodgeball: Okay, Erik. Here goes... This is my second viewing of the film. I first saw it in theaters in the nosebleed section surrounded by 14 year olds who found any joke revolving around the word "balls" to be the funniest thing they ever heard. After my second go-around I find my self with a slightly greater appreciation of the film. I never said it wasn't funny, I just said it was highschool potty humor- which most of it is! It does have some great lines though and is over-all humorous. I did find there to be a lot of unnecessary stuff in it. It really all boils down to me being highly offended by the glorification of girl-on-girl action which is only surpassed by the offense I take to people not being faithful to one person. Thus, the last minute of the movie totally ruined it for me. Sorry.
**

Stay tuned for more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home