Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Thursday, June 16

i am sacrificing a shower for this...

So guess what? I went to the doctor to get blood drawn on Friday, showed the NP my foot and three x-rays later, was informed that I had, in fact, broken it. Ha! I feel so justified now. I was feeling like such a wuss for limping and not being able to put weight on the balls of my foot due to a bruise, but now that I know it's due to a fracture, all is, once again, well in the world. :)
I finally have been given the lead teacher position at work: hello, 50 cent raise. Of course these things come with strings attached such as a 6 month contract and another review at that point which no one else has ever had. Oh, the trials that come with being beautiful!
I got to share the gospel with a friend at work today. I was really excited because she is moving to Chicago in a week and I had really wanted an opportunity to do this. I just wish Amanda had been there! It started as a result of talking about Erik and I's relationship and the reason we do things the way we do and branched out into her asking a lot of questions about our church, our beliefs, and what I personally think about tough issues. I was personally encouraged because a lot of what I said I wouldn't have said three months ago even just because God hadn't shown me the answers yet. The one thing she asked me that I got excited about was "How, if God is a loving God can he let people go to hell, especially if they haven't heard about Him?" I personally struggled with this one for over a decade before God showed me the answer last month through something Max Lucado wrote. She told me that my response was the only good one she's ever heard and she's asked a lot of believers. Praise the Lord!
Have a good night kids...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was your answer? you can't just leave it hanging for me like that.
-Wagner

12:42 PM  
Blogger John Goering said...

Hi Ambre!
Whoa, loads of old friends have blogs now! Biangs...everyone! :)
And you all seem to blog regularly, my blog is...well, kind of sad. :)

Oh, and, leaving the answer up in the air is very post-modern, by the way. Nice! :)

2:58 AM  
Blogger John Goering said...

Whoa, you hadn't heard?!
I'm sorry. :(

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home