Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Wednesday, October 12

Burger King commercials are disturbing.

I've been re-reading the Chronicles of Narania lately. They are so good! They are probably the fiction that most consistently turns my mind to God. They thrill my Spirit and send tingles down my spine. Sigh... :) I LOVE THEM!!!

"Wouldn't it be dreadful if someday in our own world, at home, men started going wild inside, like the animals here, and still looked like men, so that you'd never know which were which?" -Lucy in Prince Caspian

Tonight Amanda and Candace and I are going to go see Paramore and Rock Kills Kids. I'm' excited. We had lunch with my grandparents today. I love my grandparents uber mucho. Erik and I get to have lunch with them on Sunday. Grandma's making me a vat of "orange stuff". Heck yes!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger nate swinton said...

funny story:

sarah and i have been reading those books lately to each other before we go to bed. well we ran out recently because i lent the last 4 books to a friend (over a year ago). three nights ago we finished the last one i still have. two nights ago i crawled into bed with her and said,

"man, now that we're out of books to read, i've got nothing to look forward to when i go to bed..."

then i made a pouty face and laid down, still not realizing what i had just said. she turned around looking like she was about to burst into tears. apparently i said the wrong thing.

it took me a long time to explain and apologize my way out of THAT one!

6:05 PM  
Blogger .ambre. said...

wow. poor sarah! do you want the rest of the books? i can send them with erik this weekend if you do. ;)

9:45 PM  
Blogger nate swinton said...

:D that would give me something to look forward to...

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try reading "Hinds feet on high places" another great fictional read that will turn your heart to God.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home