Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Monday, September 24

Of the Day

God is good.
As of last week I really couldn't tell you the last time I didn't have a headache. I chalked it up to lack of sleep from having a baby. Before that it was lack of sleep from being pregnant, lack of sleep from wedding stuff, a new job, allergies, hate my job stress (Handicare days), working odd shifts (waitressing days), chiropractic, you get the idea. Well, lately they had been getting worse and with new symptoms too. About five minutes after I started driving anywhere I would get so tired I could feel my blood flowing slower and my reaction times to other idiot drivers slowing. NOT GOOD! Especially when driving babies every day! We decided to make an appointment for a physical to get some tests run and see if they could figure out what was wrong. Before I had a chance to make the appointment on Wednesday I felt a really strong urging from the Holy Spirit to make an appointment with an eye doctor. I haven't had my eyes checked since kindergarten, unless you count what they do for the driving test, and I didn't think I needed to go, but the urging of the Holy Spirit was strong and I obeyed. I was able to make an appointment for that night in Cedar Rapids so Erik could meet us for Nara duty. Turns out I have astigmatism in my left eye. He also said that trying to focus while driving would make one feel tired. As soon as the Doctor got done making adjustments to the lenses my headache went away. That quickly! He took the lenses away when he was done and my headache came back! What!?!?!
We didn't like any of the frames at the office so we went to Lenscrafters at the mall where we were met by Matt who was going to be the unbiased opinion on how my glasses looked. We were able to find a pair that didn't make me look "too ugly" (Matt's words) and get lenses and walk out in 35 minutes. My sunglasses should come in in two weeks. I've been free of the headache I've had for x years ever since. Praise the Lord!
My advice? Quench not the Spirit! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home