Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Friday, September 17

dance til the cows come home

i was totally on my way out the door to the gym tonight when something came up and i had to skip it. no fears though! amanda and i went to the mall and did approx. sixteen dances on dance dance revolution EXTREME!!! i've decided it's more effective than the tread mill cause i break a sweat quicker. tomorrow night is another round of dancing in ames. Yeah!!! Survivor premiered tonight. just thought it deserved a shout out... i am guessing that a girl will win again this season.
at work today, there was a little girl who was just having a rough day. she got tubes put in her ears this week and another child woke her up an hour into her two and a half hour nap. either way, she kept getting in trouble and she didn't want anything to do with me at this point because i kept having to put her in time out. then another child stepped on her hand. as the tears started flowing, she waddled over to me as fast as her stubby legs could take her and held her small hand up to my mouth to kiss it because to her, that would make it all better. it was so precious. it melts my heart every time i realize how much trust they put in me and my abilities to right wrong. it made me think of God and how ofter, when He's training us, we want nothing to do with Him, but the second we are hurt by the world around us we go right back to Him. with tears streaming down our faces we offer our wounds to Him knowing it's the only place we will find healing and true comfort...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home