Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Friday, October 8

divorce... apparently not a last resort...

Work was beyond ridiculous yesterday. Since Monday, I have been picking up on some tension between me and my coworker, Ashley. I had no idea what could be causing it, and she tends to internalize things so I knew there was no way to get her to open up before she was ready. I showed up yesterday to the silent treatment. In the first four hours of being there, she was in our room at the same time as me for all of five minutes. Then she comes to tell me our supervisor wanted “a word” with me. Apparently, the powers that be had picked up on the tension and spoken to Ashley about it. I was informed that she was upset at all our differences and the fact that I wouldn’t let her decorate our room for Halloween since I didn’t like the holiday with no regard for her feelings and the fact that it’s her favorite holiday. She conveniently forgot to mention that I had just asked her to wait until October first instead of starting in the second week of September. Either way, none of this matters… My main point is to say that she then proceeded to tell me that my opinion that we did a good job compromising may be valid, but that we shouldn’t have to compromise. We should just be more in agreement with issues and that if we aren’t naturally, that maybe we shouldn’t work together and should find people to work with that had the same values and likes and dislikes as us. On what cloud is she living? Since when do all partnerships consist of 100% compatible pairs? She then proceeded to tell me that since Ashley had been in our room two months longer than me, that she had the choice to stay or go and had chosen to stay, and that they were going to try to find a room where someone was willing to trade out for me. If that wasn’t possible, then it looked like Ashley and I would just have to work out our differences.
Hold the phone, everyone! Are You Freaking Kidding Me, People??? Reality checks here please. Since when is the first plan of action a “divorce” without any attempt at reconciliation? And why the crap does Ashley not only get the “house”, but she gets full custody of our kids as well? Where is the fairness in that? Having been the apparent underdog in this relationship, I have a small inkling why some wives (or husbands) stay in abusive or unfaithful relationships. They know they most likely won’t win in court and that they stand to loose all they hold dear. It’s a risk I know I couldn’t take. It made me so sad to think I might have to leave my eight babies yesterday. I also know that if they try to follow through on this “solution” that I will fight them with everything I have. Sometimes, you just have to stand up for what you believe is right.

On Wednesday, Myron threw-up all over me. And his mother had the nerve to stand there watching as I held my little angel with the 100.5 degree fever projectile vomiting in my hair and all over my shoulder and arm, and tell me that her son was not sick and that she was bringing him back the next day. Would someone please describe sick for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home