Ambre's Pontifications

a place to share, encourage, and just write what comes to mind... with an occasional rant thrown in for good measure!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Tuesday, October 5

the power of a kind word

here's a conversation i had with an old friend today that was really sweet...
me: do you know why i haven't been able to get a hold of so-and-so? i know they don't hate me, so i've just assumed she's out of town.
them: i saw her at church so she's in town. i don't know why you haven't heard back from her.
me (jokingly): hmmm, maybe she does hate me after all!
them: if she does, she'd be the only one!

his saying that totally made my day. the power of a positive joke is amazing, isn't it? let's all try to build someone up today. it only takes a second...

on a different note... i had to stick my hand up a chickens rear and pull out slimy body part rejects today for the first time in my life. i believe everyone should have their moms to do this for them for their entire life... honestly though, it helped to relieve some stress i've been under. i also watched the last half of a new hope and the first half of empire strikes back this evening. i am reminded of how much i love the original star wars films. so much.
today was the best mental health day i have ever taken from work. back to the grind stone tomorrow... Lord, i want a new job!!! ...sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home